It is a key agent of climate governance in Gipuzkoa and a multidisciplinary centre that operates within the framework of the Gipuzkoa Strategy to Combat Climate Change (ELCCG).
How does NATURKLIMA work?
Naturklima revolves around 4 activities.
What has been achieved or what are the aims?
The expected impact of Naturklima is to turn Gipuzkoa into a region prepared to face the challenges of climate change through the development of skills and knowledge. In addition, the aim is to create a network of entrepreneurs and innovators in the field of sustainability and the green economy.
- By providing support to the Provincial Government of Gipuzkoa in the analysis, observation and control of the impact of climate change in Gipuzkoa.
- By working to obtain an accurate diagnosis and galvanise the actions of a broad spectrum of stakeholders in relation to climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- By guaranteeing the process of assessing and monitoring the progress of Gipuzkoa's Climate Change Strategy.
The functions of NaturKlima - Climate Change Institute are:
- To act as a Climate Change Observatory.
- To be a Circular Recycling Hub.
- To be a Renewable Energy Hub.
- To galvanise action at a provincial level.
- To be a Citizen Information and Education Centre.
- To mobilise European aid and funds.
The Provincial Council of Gipuzkoa / The Basque government / Local companies in sectors related to the circular economy, recycling, energy efficiency, etc. / Universities / Local administrations / Technology centres / Social agents in the region / Citizens