Let's build together the future of Gipuzkoa.
How do Open Budgets work?
Open Budgets are annual initiatives that incorporate improvements to the budget process based on citizen experiences and opinions received by the PCG. There have been five common phases in the four editions of Open Budgets implemented to date.
What do we want to achieve or what has been achieved?
A total of more than 11,600 people have participated in the four editions of the Open Budgets initiative promoted by the PCG, with around 22,100 proposals being made on priority areas for the local region. The PCG has listened to the preferences of the Gipuzkoan citizens and allocated more than 3.5 million euros to promoting the projects citizens have proposed over these four years.
Who participates in the process?
- The PCG’s Directorate of Citizen Participation.
- Other PCG Departments and Directorates.
- The Provincial Council’s Citizen Participation Committee.
- The Social Council for Citizen Participation.
- Gipuzkoan citizens over 16 years of age.
Some Open Budgets projects
Sphere: Economic promotion
Sphere: Employment and economic activation